Think about the unprecedented pressures coming to bear on our nation as we begin 2022:
- Very real inflation that shows no sign of slowing down
- The utter destruction of the dollar as government socialist spending (financed with the printing of several trillion more dollars) erupts like a volcano under the Biden Administration
- Practically no border security as the current administration does little to nothing to stop the influx of illegal immigrants coming by the thousands
- The ugly rise of open crime in our major cities with a record number of murders and the looting of stores in broad daylight
- Unconstitutional vaccine mandates that threaten the jobs of millions of Americans
- The very real attack on religious freedom from the elites promoting transgender confusion
- Rising threats from Chinese and Russian aggression with the very real possibility of a major war in the Mideast as Israel prepares for an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities
- Deep concerns over voter integrity at the State level as the nation preps for the 2022 election in November
- Constant philosophical conflict between those who embrace traditional Americanism and those who desire to expunge our history, burn our constitution, and plunge us into the nightmare of a Marxist/Communist government
- A blatant, in-your-face deceitful media that refuses to report the truth; once they filter the “news” through the narrative they staunchly defend the truth often lies dead in the street!
- The corruption of our university system which has basically sold out to Chinese influence
This is not a pretty picture as we enter 2022 and to think this is not all the problems we face. What are Christians to do about this mess?
A lot comes to mind as I think about encouraging those I am called to serve as a minister of the gospel. However, if I could boil my advice down to a single point this is it: MAKE 2022 A NEW YEAR OF OBEDIENCE TO CHRIST.
No believer is ready for what might happen in 2022 without a life of obedience to Christ. I challenge you to take spiritual inventory as 2022 begins. Everyone who names the name of Christ needs a revival of personal obedience to Christ in 2022.
The simple illustration of our Lord in Matthew chapter seven needs to be revisited earnestly by the average believer. In verses 24 through 27 our Lord gives us the parable of two builders. One built upon the rock and the other built upon the sand.
Of course, we all understand the importance of a strong foundation. Houses and other buildings built on a weak foundation cannot endure the test of time. When the right storm comes along, they will collapse.
However, those structures built upon the secure foundation of solid rock can bear up under the stress of a terrible storm. Surely we can understand our Lord’s illustration.
The point is those who hear the words of Christ and DO THEM (this is obedience, not lip service) are like the wise man who built upon the rock.
Here are a couple of devotional thoughts that come to mind:
Obedience makes the Lord our hiding place
Only submission to the good shepherd leads us into green pastures.
Through-out this new year build your life upon obedience to Christ. It is the only way to possess a heart dominated by the peace of God. Trust me. You will need the peace of God ruling in your heart as we navigate the choppy waters of 2022.